[ExI] AI motivation, was malevolent machines

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 17:31:33 UTC 2014

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 12:49 PM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com
> wrote:

Thanks, I think.  You do know that I last had physics in 1959 and think a
> vector is something related to disease spread?

Yes biologists use that word but they stole it from mathematicians and I
meant it in the mathematical sense. A  scalar just has a magnitude, so a
real number is a scalar and so is speed (10 mph); but a vector has a
magnitude and a direction, so velocity is a vector (10 mph in a northeast
direction). Think of an arrow with it's length being it's magnitude and the
way it's pointing the direction.

  John K Clark