[ExI] Alzheimer's and pot

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Dec 2 15:49:28 UTC 2014

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Anders Sandberg
…

>…There probably has to be some sex therapy too…

I don’t see why not.  I have a pile of new insights from the experience, which I may roll out in a few weeks.  It is a bit of a downer topic, so I may delay it and ponder some of the ideas a bit longer.

>…In my own family, the patient passed away last week.

>…I am so sorry to hear that. :-(  Anders Sandberg…

My former college roommate was visiting yesterday, said his 80 yr old father is showing early signs of AD.  His father, being a doctor, specifically a gerontologist, he already knows what it is and how the disease will progress.  I started thinking again about that notion I had about bexarotene and how an alcohol solution could perhaps get it across the blood brain barrier.  To experiment with such a thing, what we need is an informed patient (that was a the show stopper in the family case, we didn’t have that by the time I came up with the idea.)  If we have an early AD chemistry-hip doctor and explain the scheme, I would feel perfectly well in the green on the ethics meter.  The patient being a doctor might take out the risk of legal difficulties with regard to practicing medicine without a license.

I have many things to ponder.