[ExI] scurrilous commentary

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Dec 17 21:09:25 UTC 2014

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 11:54 AM
To: ExI chat list
Subject: Re: [ExI] scurrilous commentary

On Dec 17, 2014 11:41 AM, "spike" <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
>>… One of these techniques I have been using for years: if you have Extropian
> or H+ oriented friends at your house, have them write something to a public
> forum under your name.  Just for fun, have them imitate your style, see if
> they can get people to fall for it.  I had an ExI party at my house about 15
> yrs ago, and we had a bunch of people doing that.  It was a hoot; we were
> all imitating each other, logging on to ExI and inviting the others to post
> in our style.  It was like hearing someone else impersonate you; great fun.

>…But then you have trouble claiming credit for anything posted under your name.  If you're okay with that, why not just post everything anonymously?

There is that, but this is a public forum.  Any idea I toss out here is fair game for anyone to use or claim.  I don’t care who gets credit, I don’t care about who makes money off of one of my ideas.  I want to see them happen.  That is my reward.  Anything that has real potential for profit I would take to the patent office.