[ExI] tech influence

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 00:45:30 UTC 2014

On Feb 12, 2014 3:22 PM, "spike" <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> My concern is the opposite.  Plenty of people will be interested in
anything a Mars native has to say.

At first, perhaps.  Ask any animal rescue shelter what happens to virtually
all life forms that humans raise for the glamour and to show off.  I see no
reason to believe that humans on Mars would fare any different after a
decade, if not sooner.

Any viable space colonization plan must either address the cultural
component (giving the settlers a reason they care about to repay those who
sent them), or give a practical mechanism for raising sufficient funds
(given that serious money is needed, far beyond what it is possible to
raise on charity, no matter how you dress that charity up) with no widely
believable reason to expect a return on investment.

> Store this post somewhere where you can find it again, take good care of
your health, come back and see how we are doing 40 years from now.

No, I shall delete it after I send this reply.