[ExI] Meltdown at Mt. Gox (Bitcoin exchange)

Gordon gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 21 02:20:14 UTC 2014

mirco,

It appears the concerns I expressed here a few months ago about Mt. Gox's solvency were justified. I am not happy to have been correct about it, but I am happy that I transferred my bitcoins out of that black hole. I hope you did as well, assuming you had any there.

As of this moment, bitcoin currently trades on Mt. Gox at about 100 USD vs. about 560 USD on healthy markets. It is unclear whether anyone will be able to withdraw their coins, to say nothing of any USD.

Gordon