[ExI] Meltdown at Mt. Gox (Bitcoin exchange)

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Fri Feb 21 04:13:43 UTC 2014

Extropians,

It looks to me like MtGox might have lost at least some Bitcoin due to
the transaction malleability issue in the protocol, which could cause
liquidity problems having nothing to do with prior history?  They could
also be making some serious money buying from those poor locked in guys
willing to sell for around  $100/BTC. Whatever it is, It'd sure be nice
to know.

In Jan, I abandoned the, till that time unanimous consensus $10,000/BTC
in 2014 camp, for the Bitcoin will never achieve a $10,000 valuation camp.

http://canonizer.com/topic.asp/154/7

And I've been selling vigorously since then.

I remain in the "Canonized Law of the Crypto Coin" camp, it's just that
I think there are some drastically superior coins about to come out.
And as always, a superior coin has, to me, been the only significant
risk to Bitcoin.

I think the Invictus Innovations Bitshare coin that is about to come out
is, or at least will be, by far, the best coin out there, investment
wise (you can bid on them now see: http://www1.agsexplorer.com/).

Just wondering what you guys think?  Is there anything else out there
close to that?

Are you still bullish on Bitcoin?  Are you still bullish on Crypto
Currencies?  Do you think Bitcoin will ever set a new record? What is
the best alt coin out or about to be out there, investment wise, that
you know of?

Brent Allsop