[ExI] Meltdown at Mt. Gox (Bitcoin exchange)

Gordon gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 21 04:55:00 UTC 2014

Brent Allsop <brent.allsop at canonizer.com> wrote:

>In Jan, I abandoned the, till that time unanimous consensus $10,000/BTC in 2014 camp, for the Bitcoin will never achieve a $10,000 valuation camp... And I've been selling vigorously since then.

Really? You were the guy who thought the price of bitcoin must grow exponentially forever as a result of some mysterious "Moore's Law of Bitcoin," and now you're selling vigorously?

 >And as always, a superior coin has, to me, been the only significant risk to Bitcoin.

I suppose I do agree with that much.

> Are you still bullish on Bitcoin?

Yes.

 >Are you still bullish on Crypto Currencies?

Yes.

>Do you think Bitcoin will ever set a new record?

Probably.

 >What is the best alt coin out or about to be out there, investment wise, that you know of?

I do not like altcoins in general, but I do have some mild interest in a new altcoin called vertcoin. It is essentially litecoin with a few tweaks to make it resistant to ASIC mining.

Gordon