[ExI] face recognition app: phony people people

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Jan 13 18:00:23 UTC 2014

This technology changes everything.  Reasoning: from what I have seen, face
recognition isn't great, but it is good.  You could have a database carried
on your person with a few thousand people, including some you haven't met
but only have a dozen or so pictures, such as from a high school yearbook, a
newspaper article, various sources, which can reliably identify a person.
Then that person can be linked to notes, so that if you see someone you met
for the first time at your  high school reunion, then see her again later in
another context, you can have this device remind you of where you met the
person and what you discussed.

http://singularityhub.com/2014/01/12/facial-recognition-app-for-glass-challe
nges-googles-ban-on-the-technology/

If you are the first kid on the block to have this, especially if you can
have it to where no one notices it, such as disguised as a broach or in a
hat or inside a button or something, with a Bluetooth connection to a cell
phone with Bluetooth to an earpiece, any yahoo can pretend to be a real
people person.  I don't know that I would want to do that.  Hmmm,
understatement, I do know that I do not want to do that.  But others might.
So I could build it and sell it to them, make a buttload of money.

So henceforth, if we encounter a person who seems to remember everything
about a chance encounter in the past, they may not be a warm fuzzy caring
genius, they might be phony as a three dollar bill, just a regular guy using
stealth face recognition tech, a hidden Bluetooth device in the ear, the
cell phone in their pocket for memory and processing, pretending to be
something they are not.  I won't do it, for I am not really a people person;
I am more of a machine person, hoping to someday become a machine machine.
But there are those who might pay money for something like this.