[ExI] face recognition app: phony people people

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 18:53:44 UTC 2014

On Jan 13, 2014 10:15 AM, "spike" <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

http://singularityhub.com/2014/01/12/facial-recognition-app-for-glass-challenges-googles-ban-on-the-technology/

> If you are the first kid on the block to have this, especially if you can
have it to where no one notices it, such as disguised as a broach or in a
hat or inside a button or something, with a Bluetooth connection to a cell
phone with Bluetooth to an earpiece, any yahoo can pretend to be a real
people person.  I don’t know that I would want to do that.

Sales.  Trawl any professional conference with a DB of profiles gleaned
from LinkedIn crossed with the con's registration DB.  Have an impressive
amount of relevant info for everyone you see.  Google Glass (but disguised
and noninteractive) it for minimal obtrusiveness - never have to break
conversation or stride to listen to anything but who you are talking to at
that moment.

Yeah, that's been a Holy Grail dream app for years for some people.  Think
you can rig it up?  You have several potential users at your workplace who
could get you real world test data quickly, IIRC.