[ExI] What's Wrong With Academic Futurists?

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Jan 26 17:45:43 UTC 2014

Subject: Re: [ExI] What's Wrong With Academic Futurists?

On Jan 26, 2014, at 11:55 AM, spike wrote

>> ...  When guys retire from this discipline, they are highly prized by
industry for that ability.

>...There are obviously many reasons why folks with military experience
might be prized by industry. So while there may be a secret cadre of
unusually accurate military futurists, I don't see how the rest of us can
tell.

>...I've given talks to military futurist groups before, FYI...Robin Hanson
http://hanson.gmu.edu

Ja, Robin you made my point better in three sentences than I did in three
paragraphs:  the military futurists are studying our writings, but we cannot
study theirs.