[ExI] How dangerous is radiation?

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 17:18:47 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jul 6, 2014 at 9:36 AM, John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 6, 2014 at 6:20 AM, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:
>
>> > Linear no threshold models are practical because they are simple
>>

> Simple it may be but it's not practical if it's not true

This.  This so much.  That it is false, and the areas in which it is most
notably false, leads directly to the biggest problem with attempting to
implement peaceful (i.e. non-deliberate-bomb) uses of nuclear technology.

(Note taht I have to add "deliberate" in there because some people say that
any nuclear power plant is a bomb just waiting to go off, just look at
Chernobyl and its radioactive steam explosion - nevermind that this is a
wholly different thing than was used at Hiroshima and Nagasaki.)