[ExI] for the fermi paradox fans

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Jun 8 22:52:15 UTC 2014

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Anders Sandberg
Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2014 10:37 AM
To: ExI chat list
Subject: Re: [ExI] for the fermi paradox fans

Couldn't one do this kind of flythroughs with Celestia or a similar program?

Anders Sandberg, Future of Humanity Institute Philosophy Faculty of Oxford University

If we had a file with the position of the galaxies and files with some kind of description that object oriented code might be able to interpret, we could create a script that would fly about in a random fashion throughout the simulated universe.  The important point is I want the actual visible galaxies positions and description rather than just computer generated galaxies.