[ExI] be nice to leftists

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 06:30:01 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 2:37 PM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> So whether one can give examples of leftists who are 'obsessed with power
> and status' by the tens or by the thousands, it doesn't prove anything at
> all as to whether they are any different from people on the right.  One
> would expect that a very high proportion of both leftists and rightists fit
> the description. Which is to say that they are typical, and successful
> examples of the human race as it now exists.

### Over 90% of the wielders of power in our society (Federal employees,
elite university faculty and administrators, mainstream journalists, public
intellectuals) are culturally leftist. And yes, those who have power are
different from us - they got where they are because of being obsessed with
power and status, and skilled at gaining power. Since non-leftists (whom
leftists sloppily classify as "right") have much less power than cultural
leftists, yes, this implies they are different - either less interested or
less skilled at obtaining power.

Rafal