[ExI] Be nice to leftists

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 22:01:41 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jun 15, 2014 at 12:18 PM, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:

> In polycentric private legal systems it might be easier to handle them:
> they are not protected, and if they misbehave they will be attacked by the
> various security firms (and law companies, if they are separate).

I disagree that it would be easier - but only due to evidence from
analogous actors in the current system.

Take international maritime law, that requires all ships to be flagged to
some country.  Armed flagged ships are encouraged to sink or seize
unflagged ships just for being unflagged.  While there are notable
instances and hot spots where unflagged ships operate (for instance
Somali's pirates - but note that even they claim to be Somali military,
despite the fact that the central government has no control over them), in
most of the world unflagged ships have been completely eradicated.