[ExI] guitar playing robot

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 22:57:26 UTC 2014

On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 9:22 PM, spike  wrote:
<snip>
> We tend to think it takes a human touch to make emotionally charged music,
> but Squarepusher wants to play with and maybe even disprove that assumption.
> And there's no doubt, "Sad Robot Goes Funny" is interesting and even
> enjoyable. The piece morphs from something like chamber music into Miles
> Davis and Steve Vai's android love child...
>
> Oooh so cool.  It sure as hell sounds to me like this piece is being played
> with feeling, and it is CLEAN!  I can easily imagine playing it on the CD
> player in Mister Lincoln.

I remember going to a Kraftwerk concert. The normal rock concert has a
group leaping about the stage, with explosions and flashing lights.
Good fun.

But Kraftwerk were so different.......
Their stage was almost dark, with just four shadowy figures seated at
electronic machines.
Then the music started, building till the hall was trembling and your
chest was thumping.
Quite an experience.

BillK