[ExI] putin and the three pirates problem

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 18:41:28 UTC 2014

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 2:28 PM, William Flynn Wallace
<foozler83 at gmail.com>wrote:

> I can't see any way to lose in this situation provided we let Russia take
Crimea.

Obviously military action is out of the question, but I think sanctions
against Russia should be imposed because unless Putin is punished in some
way he might be encouraged to invade other countries that were once part of
the former USSR  like Estonia and Latvia, and they are part of NATO unlike
Crimea or the Ukraine. If Russia invaded  Estonia or Latvia NATO would be
treaty bound to intervene militarily, and I hate to think where that would
lead.

  John K Clark