[ExI] putin and the three pirates problem

Aleksei Riikonen aleksei at iki.fi
Tue Mar 4 23:57:48 UTC 2014

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 8:41 PM, John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

> If Russia invaded  Estonia or Latvia NATO would be treaty bound to
> intervene militarily, and I hate to think where that would lead.

Probably to the US saying "screw you guys, we're not gonna risk
nuclear war over you. It was nice having you as cannon fodder in Iraq
and Afghanistan, but since Russia called our bluff and this NATO thing
therefore no longer works for us, we're just gonna forget about the
whole thing and let you Eastern Europeans sort things out amongst
yourselves. In other words, we think the new normal is that countries
with nuclear weapons are free to invade any country without nuclear
weapons."

--
Aleksei Riikonen - http://www.iki.fi/aleksei