[ExI] RES: RES: guitar playing robot

Henrique Moraes Machado cetico.iconoclasta at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 17:23:48 UTC 2014

<spike>
Oh wait, better idea: piano, extended jazz improv of some sort, have an
assistant
pump the pedal while an accomplished musician works the keys.
Record the results.  Can the listener tell when the player (the one on the
keyboard) is having the...um... maximum musical experience?  Can he (or
possibly
even she) maintain the tempo?  Does the key signature change?  What key is
best for
that?  What tempo?  What rhythm?

Now that I think about it, the idea is so obvious it must have been done
before, a long
time ago.  Perhaps that is how we got jazz to start with:
someone was playing Bach or Beethoven and had an idea.
</spike>

Now THAT I would like to see.