[ExI] How the world collapses

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun May 18 13:13:40 UTC 2014

On Behalf Of Tomaz Kristan
Subject: Re: [ExI] How the world collapses

spike:

>>… If trips take half again longer than they once did

>…Time is much more precious than oil.

Ja, it is now, when oil is still spewing out of the ground free.

My notion is that once the stuff starts getting even a little difficult and expensive to recover, we will reassess what we thought was so critically important.

Consider your life, what you are doing that makes time more precious than oil.  Are you rushing to invent something that will save humanity from itself?  Well good!  Oh wait, you aren’t?  You are tearing off to your kid’s soccer practice?  To some office where you are working on ways to redistribute wealth?  To the shopping mall?  To a sports event?  To your dentist?  To a family gathering?  To a political rally where both leading candidates are saying the same thing?  To anything related in any way to entertainment?

My notion is that most of what we now consider more precious than oil can be eliminated and we can still have a good life, while using way less energy, way less.