[ExI] puzzle - animal consciousness

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Tue May 20 15:24:15 UTC 2014

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 2:33 AM, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:

> The point of the dog example is to make it clearer what reasoning is, and
> whether it has anything to do with an internal language, intuitions or
> deduction.

Given the phrasing of the question, I am not sure this is so.  It may be to
postulate a thing that is not so, to trick people into thinking that kind
of thing actually happens, and thereby lead them to false conclusions.
(They are open to considering it as part of the question - but it seems
believable enough that some might confuse it for having heard that it has
happened.)