[ExI] Be nice to leftists

Eugenio Martínez rolandodegilead at gmail.com
Wed May 28 09:25:35 UTC 2014

> >>…The Chinese would never have suffered the horrors of the 20th century
> had they the right to own guns…
>

> >…Years and years and years of civilians having guns at homes, years and
> years and years of civilians being killed…
>

> All those combined would scarcely scratch the surface of the numbers of
> Chinese the Japanese slew without any effective opposition.

Yeah. In war times things are different. Today we are in peace times.
Well.. with 30.000 persons dying for weapons every year in USA, it´s only
semipeace.

>…Capitalism is the way? 16.7 million children living in food insecure
> households and US having the second highest relative child poverty rates in
> the developed world (2011 data. From wikipedia.)…
>

> Ja.  We don’t have real capitalism in the USA.

Of course. But then, they don´t have real communism in Cuba, or Korea, or
URSS. So.. Capitalism, in theory, is great, but not possible in real life.

>…Yes. Is the way for rich people…
>

> Capitalism makes you rich people.

I agree with good things about capitalism. It´s a good thing and a good
step, because it makes humanity wealthy*. But there is a moment (and we are
reaching that moment) when it is unsustainable, because it makes the rich
people more rich and the poor people poorer. In my country we have a 50% of
young unemployment. In yours, 16.7 millions of poor children.

Again, the problem of real capitalism is the same that the problem of real
anarchism. I can have a weapon, I can defend myself. But my neighbour,
richer than me, have more weapons and an army. And nobody can defend me
from him. So he can do whatever he want.

On the contrary sir, capitalism is the path to an economically sustainable
> way of life.  With capitalism we get the technology to clean our environment

And, if nobody forces to the industry to stop pollution, we get bopals,
exxon´s, Prestiges, etc.

> I had an interesting experience just yesterday.  I was in Costco and they
> were selling baskets handmade in Africa.  We don’t have much stuff made in
> Africa here.  Why is that?  Plenty of low cost labor, seems like a
> manufacturers paradise.  I looked at their literature which was being
> distributed at the shelves with the African baskets.  They went on and on
> about their fair trade agreements and how they make sure no one is working
> for 40 cents an hour.  OK then, but when I studied into it I learn that if
> an American distributor is buying stuff at a fair trade prices, it doesn’t
> stop the Africans from subcontracting to other Africans and paying them 40
> cents an hour.  If Costco is caught doing this, Costco stands to lose.  So,
> we seldom see African manufactured goods.  If we bought stuff from them
> manufactured at American minimum wage, the Africans would murder each other
> for those jobs.  So we seldom buy anything from Africa other than raw
> materials and the occasional phishing scam.  I see no end to that.  Does
> your view of Humanism offer a suggestion?
>

> That isn’t the fault of the system, it is the fault of the wicked.  Don’t
> buy from those companies.  Capitalism is the way.

I don´t know in USA. Europe is flooded with Made In China products. My
humanist solution is never buy anything from China. I can´t fight for them,
because I am little. But I can stop finance them.

Anyway, this is just semirelated to my complaints about capitalism. The
second line is more related: The wicked people who destroy nature places or
kill people who is in strike in Sudamerica (I am thinking now in Coca Cola)
are the ones to blame because of the wicked acts, not capitalism. But
capitalism is unable to control them, so they do whatever they want.

>From Europe, right winged american politicians, with their creationism,
their death penalties, their negacionism about climate change, etc are seen
as monkeys with a box full of bombs.

*Well... we all know that about the 75% of the money doesn´t exist... don´t
we?

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 12:17 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> [...]
> an American distributor is buying stuff at a fair trade prices, it doesn’t
> stop the Africans from subcontracting to other Africans and paying them 40
> cents an hour.  If Costco is caught doing this, Costco stands to lose.  So,
> we seldom see African manufactured goods.  If we bought stuff from them
> manufactured at American minimum wage, the Africans would murder each other
> for those jobs.  So we seldom buy anything from Africa other than raw
> materials and the occasional phishing scam.  I see no end to that.  Does
> your view of Humanism offer a suggestion?
>

> >…You are intelligent people. You know perfectly that capitalism, as well
> as comunism, works very well in theory, but in a wicked way in the practice
>>

> That isn’t the fault of the system, it is the fault of the wicked.  Don’t
> buy from those companies.  Capitalism is the way.

OLVIDATE.DE
Tatachan.com