[ExI] baseball for the first time and voting machines again, was: RE: META: Humour: Sex?

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 00:03:24 UTC 2014

Sports fans and otherwise, what do you make of this?  Can you see why this
question is parallel in principle to non-auditable voting machines?

spike

I don't know about the voting machine thing, but to me, the baseball thing
is about tradition.  Instant replays capable of overturning umpires
decisions are now available despite strong opposition.  Conservative tennis
fans don't want line calls overturned by replay videos.    Baseball hasn't
replaced wooden bats with metal ones, and so on.  Tradition, tradition,
tradition (like Fiddler on the Roof).

bill w (far less of a fan than I used to be;  traditionally a player stayed
with a team forever, essentially being owned; then free agency came along
and now it's hired guns going to one team, then another, and another, and
it's hard for fans to get used to this.  All of a sudden your favorite team
player is on the other side and now gets hate mail from his former fans for
being a traitor!)