[ExI] Lessons from Tesla?

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 23:17:39 UTC 2014

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 4:34 PM, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com>
wrote:

> He didn't patent SOME of his inventions. The lightning rod, for example,
> because he was more interested in preventing house fires than making more
> money. Could have had something to do with the fact that he was already one
> of the richest men in America at the time.
>
> My recollection though is that Franklin supported the idea of having a
> patent system. I am not 100% sure of this, and my Internet isn't working
> properly at the moment so I'll have to double check this fact at some
> future time.

My Internet is working again, and I still can't figure out which founding
fathers were behind the idea of adopting the British Patent System to
America. Maybe it was just thought to be an obvious good thing to all of
them??? I have no idea. Nothing on the Interwebs I can find supports
anything along these lines.

-Kelly