[ExI] Lessons from Tesla?

Dan danust2012 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 23:36:19 UTC 2014

> On Tuesday, September 30, 2014 4:17 PM, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com> wrote:
> My Internet is working again, and I still can't figure out
> which founding fathers were behind the idea of adopting the
> British Patent System to America. Maybe it was just thought
> to be an obvious good thing to all of them??? I have no idea.
> Nothing on the Interwebs I can find supports anything along
> these lines.

I wouldn't confuse all the Founders together and especially not confuse them with the Framers (of the U.S. Constitution = COTUS). They had differences of opinion. I don't know exactly what they were in this area, so I'm unsure, but we do know that not all the Founders or their generation supported the Constitution or every aspect of it. (There were, after all, anti-federalists and the reason they lost the battle seems to have less to do with them being a tiny minority than with them being a divided group, whereas the federalists were much more organized. But I'm not saying all, most, or many anti-federalists were against patents and copyrights. I simply don't know.) Even the Ratifiers -- to split off another group -- of the COTUS were not on board with everything. Witness the signing statements and then the political feuds before, during, and after ratification plus the gelling of the political parties afterward.

Regards,

Dan
"Born With Teeth," my latest "self-published" short story, can be previewed at:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N72FBA2