[ExI] [Bulk] Re: Virtual Reality is where the aliens are

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Aug 26 17:24:15 UTC 2015

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of spike

>…But I just can’t quite grasp the notion we are those people, the first ones to cross the Strait into advanced technology, and if we are, think of where that puts those of us special privileged life forms who are technology groksters…spike

Come now, just try to grasp the notion please.  What if… we really are the first and only technology-enabled species in this whooooole biiiiig daaaam plaaaace, right here in this whooole unimaginably biiiig daaaam time, this entire observable universe?  Gaze into some of the Hubble deep space images and just try to get your head around that.  If it is true, then just think of where on the evolutionary scale we place the exceedingly rare us: we of the astonishing good fortune, the ones who have access to these modern information streams, these life forms reading this paragraph, this sentence, this phrase, this this.