[ExI] R: Re: Virtual Reality is where the aliens are

scerir at alice.it scerir at alice.it
Mon Aug 31 08:32:09 UTC 2015

John Cramer wrote: "This brings us to a variation of the famous Fermi Paradox:
if interstellar wormhole transport is possible, shouldn't the technologically
advanced civilizations of our galaxy already be sending tiny accelerated
wormhole portals in our direction? Then, where are they?    Perhaps they are
already here. Cosmic ray physicists have occasionally observed strange super-
energetic cosmic ray detection events, the Centauro events.   These are cosmic
ray particles with incredibly high energies that, when striking Earth's upper
atmosphere, produce a large shower of particles that contains too many gamma
rays and too few mu leptons, as compared to more normal cosmic ray shower
events. The Centauro events presently lack an explanation based on any known
physics.  However, an accelerated wormhole mouth with a large electric charge
should have a large gamma-ray to mu lepton production ratio in such collisions,
since it would have large electromagnetic interactions but no strong or weak
interactions with the matter with which it collided.    It is interesting to
contemplate the possibility that some advanced civilization may be mapping the
galaxy with accelerated wormhole portals, sending little time-dilated
observation points out into the cosmos as peep-holes for viewing the wonders of
the universe.  And perhaps, when a particularly promising or interesting scene
comes into view, the peep hole is halted and expanded into a portal through
which a Visitor can pass.    Clearly we need to gain much more understanding of
wormholes. They could provide our pathway to the stars."
http://www.npl.washington.edu/AV/altvw162.html