[ExI] Religious Idiocy Triumphs Over Science Yet Again

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Dec 4 23:35:50 UTC 2015

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Will Steinberg
>…  Unlike, I'm positive, most of us--but I wouldn't be surprised if Spike had some boy scout know how…

Well sure, but I have another side question on that.  If you were really up against it, could you figure out what to do?  I think we would.  Plenty wouldn’t survive, but if we were suddenly separated from our technology, we could figure out rudimentary shelter and perhaps even figure out how to bag animals enough to survive.

I have been watching the Nova series on Neanderthals.  When I see these hairy ancestors (3.2%!) carving off hunks of zebra with knapped flint, I get a vague urge to try that.

>…Side question, I wonder, when did humans start having sex like today--passionately, and with with the pleasure of both parties considered?

A related question: when did that stop?  It was scarce for a while, and is still in some places.  I have observed that even non-human beasts seem to derive a certain pleasure from copulation.  This guy looked like he was having fun, right up until THE END:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8gCIm-Nh0U

She seems to be a bit disappointed and bewildered.