[ExI] Zuckerberg just bought 26 days of world peace?

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 23:31:31 UTC 2015

On 6 December 2015 at 23:19, Rafal Smigrodzki  wrote:
> ### I am just as appalled by deficit spending as you are but I think we will
> actually weasel out of trouble thanks to AI and robotics. Economic
> productivity will keep increasing so fast that all the liabilities of the US
> government will be met by taxing the same slice of a much bigger pie.
>
> At least I hope so. In fifteen years I will be eligible for social
> security... but I am making preparations to do without, just in case.

Wise move.
In 15 years there may well not be enough money to pay social security,
or perhaps to only pay a greatly reduced rate.
The other thing that is happening is that people living longer means
governments are postponing the pension age. And as money begins to run
out that will happen quicker.
At present AI and robotics means greater unemployment and more people
moving to low-pay jobs, like waiters and bar staff. So less for
government to tax.

Let's hope for an AI Singularity to solve all the problems!

BillK