[ExI] Religious Idiocy Triumphs Over Science Yet Again

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 22:46:45 UTC 2015

Rafal wrote:

### We might be nit-picking details here, but I would say I am for the
abolition of democracy, as long as I get something better. If the US was a
true democracy, transmitting the will of the people, as expressed in
voting, unweighted and unfiltered, to the effectors of power, we'd have a
mess. This does not mean that I support authoritarianism.
--------------------

Maybe just a mess of a different sort?

Just what counts as authoritarianism?  When many (most?) of our men and
women in Washington seem to be in the pockets of billionaires of the left
and right, and must toe the line (some actually signing pledges not to
raise taxes) to keep their campaign funds flowing, then maybe we are in
kind of an authoritarian government - government by campaign contributors
dictating to their pocket pols.  Plutocracy.

Someone may want to help me with the history here.  It may be that we have
always been this way in the good ol USA.

bill w

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 1:12 PM, Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com