[ExI] Religious Idiocy Triumphs Over Science Yet Again

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 17:04:34 UTC 2015

Maybe this is a new thread - maybe not.

John Clark thinks it is dumb to be religious.  That got me to thinking of
all the really really smart people in history who were religious - or said
they were for reason of power, money, etc.

For one, Ben Franklin, clearly one of the greatest geniuses ever, denied
that he was an atheist.  He was a Deist, he said.  Of course, he was also
one of the world's greatest liars, so who knows?

Then there is Isaac Newton.  Most all of you know of some of the really
goofy spiritualist things he believed and got into.
Many others we could name.

So I don't think that John is right.  There is no conflict between being IQ
smart, creative smart, and being religious.

I fully share John's attitude towards religion, by the way.  Accept
miracles, gods imitating comic book heroes?  Nah.

​bill w

​