[ExI] [Bulk] Re: Religious Idiocy Triumphs Over Science Yet Again

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Dec 11 16:50:17 UTC 2015

>... On Behalf Of BillK
Subject: Re: [ExI] [Bulk] Re: Religious Idiocy Triumphs Over Science Yet
Again

On 11 December 2015 at 15:19, spike  wrote:
> Ja good question.  Seems like there should be data somewhere on what
> happens if the experimenters drop 1 percent of the usual dose.  What
> is ten millitrips?  Nothing at all?  How about 20?... spike
>

>...Did you miss this?
<http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/how-lsd-microdosing-became-the
-hot-new-business-trip-20151120>
Quote:
How LSD Microdosing Became the Hot New Business Trip Regular doses of acid
have become the creativity enhancer of choice for some professionals By
Andrew Leonard November 20, 2015

Also
<http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Some-SIlicon-Valley-tech-workers-are-tak
ing-LSD-6660115.php>

BillK

Ja I did miss that.  I don't follow it much.  {8^D

BillK, you and I have been on this list long enough that you already know
where I will go with this.  I am the classic L7, mayor of Squaresville on
this sort of thing, consider fooling with any psychotic meds without a
competent doctor's supervision a classic MOABI, mother of all bad ideas,
dangerous as all hell, high risk low payoff venture, no charge for that,
you're welcome.

But I will entertain the notion that in reasonable doses there are meds
which might enhance creativity.  If we view it that way, the trippers of the
60s were screwing up by taking 10 times the reasonable dose.  Bad
consequences often followed.  Well hell, imagine that.

Fun insight from my misspent childhood in the 1970s: some of the kids were
buying bottles of cough medicine at the drug store, cherry flavored, and
pouring the whole bottle into a tall cup of Mountain Dew soda, and guzzling
the entire concoction along with 5 no-doz caffeine tablets, also procured at
the local drugstore.  I have no firsthand experience but was told that was a
fun thing to do.  We knew of narcotics, but of all odd things, it never
occurred to me that slamming an entire bottle of cough syrup and devouring
absurd doses of caffeine was drug abuse. I would have identified smoking
grass and whatever the hell it was that slew our local rock star Jim
Morrison was drug abuse, but not cough syrup and caffeine.

So my approach would be if you really think it is reasonable, find out what
the dopers are doing and take about a twentieth of that, go see your doctor
early and often, tell her what you are doing, and always be open to the idea
of just leaving it alone, all of it.  Living in our times is a trip.