[ExI] Theological arguments

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Fri Dec 11 20:14:48 UTC 2015

On 2015-12-11 20:07, Keith Henson wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 8:07 PM,   Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:
>
> snip
>> There is also a fundamental problem with lack of tools for criticism.
>> How many can make a good theological argument these days?
> That's a good point.  I tend to bypass theology for biology,
> particularly evolutionary psychology and reply to theology questions
> with the meta question, "Why do humans have religions at all?"

But notice you have now given a walk-over victory to your religious
interlocutor. You are not engaging with them about the issue at hand. It
is a bit like me responding to your argument with "Why do people use
evolutionary psychology?" and then start analysing the culture of
western academia.

--
Anders Sandberg
Future of Humanity Institute