[ExI] Theological arguments

Michael Butler butler.two.one at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 21:02:24 UTC 2015

I will mention the elephant in the room. Religions that promise an eternal
life in the hereafter of joy and reconnection with lost loved ones... Those
practically sell themselves. And with Abrahamic religions, faith, hope and
charity are a pole of proper behavior... at least charity to those who
worship the right hairy sky guy.

The desire to be comforted is A Big Deal. The retreat to commitment (HT
Bartley) manifests as static patterns of value.(HT Pirsig)... And (duh)
value is valuable, and quality (or utility) is in the eye of the beholder.