[ExI] FOIA Fee Survey for Requesters: Help Inform the Debate on FOIA Fees

Terry W. Colvin fortean1 at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 17 07:26:06 UTC 2015

FOIA Fee Survey for Requesters: Help Inform the Debate on FOIA Fees
Date: Dec 16, 2015 9:52 PM

December 16, 2015 -- As a member of the National Security Archive's mailing list, you may be interested in helping inform the debate on FOIA fees by filling out a quick survey we have formulated on fee-related issues: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1XK-c1yu8Kg_UdNHbT6fG6lnI1K_ph-qoVi-s5sjgkRk/viewform?c=0&w=1.

The U.S. government's FOIA Advisory Committee recently distributed an important poll on a variety of FOIA fee issues -- however, for logistical reasons, it only surveyed federal FOIA processors.

In an attempt to provide a broader picture of FOIA fees as they affect all sides of the FOIA process, the National Security Archive and the Project on Government Oversight are distributing a similar, independent, unofficial survey to non-government FOIA stakeholders so that their views on FOIA fees can be cataloged and documented.

The survey parallels the FOIA Advisory Committee survey, and will remain open until January 14, 2016. The results will be made available in advance of the Committee's next meeting – which will be held on January 19.

We would greatly appreciate if you could take about 10 minutes to fill out the survey so we can provide the Committee with a more representative view of FOIA fees and, if possible, circulate it to other FOIA requesters. The survey is here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1XK-c1yu8Kg_UdNHbT6fG6lnI1K_ph-qoVi-s5sjgkRk/viewform?c=0&w=1

Find us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/NSArchive

Unredacted, the Archive blog - http://nsarchive.wordpress.com/

THE NATIONAL SECURITY ARCHIVE is an independent non-governmental research institute and library located at The George Washington University in Washington, D.C. The Archive collects and publishes declassified documents acquired through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). A tax-exempt public charity, the Archive receives no U.S. government funding; its budget is supported by publication royalties and donations from foundations and individuals.

PRIVACY NOTICE The National Security Archive does not and will never share the names or e-mail addresses of its subscribers with any other organization. Once a year, we will write you and ask for your financial support. We may also ask you for your ideas for Freedom of Information requests, documentation projects, or other issues that the Archive should take on. We would welcome your input, and any information you care to share with us about your special interests. But we do not sell or rent any information about subscribers to any other party.