[ExI] heeeeeeehehehehehehheheeeee

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 17:49:08 UTC 2015

> Anders wrote:
> I think the key problem is that we quickly get into tribalist group
> affirmation signaling when talking about classifications like this.

I'd like to hear of any way to avoid this.  To my mind, there is nothing
more natural to the human mind than racism, sexism, conflicts between
religions, ball clubs, and all the rest.  The easiest thing for a person to
believe is that they are better than some other person or group.

When this doesn't happen, one suspects the person is depressed, too full of
humility, short on self-respect, hates his own group, and so on - that is,
not the usual attitude.

In intellectual arguments, it goes "Yes, you are right, but ......." and
adds his own take.  If he doesn't, then he is a follower, not a leader, and
few want that.

So, if I were able to genetically modify people, one of the first things
I'd modify is the Openness dimension in personality.

bill w