[ExI] Fwd: Paper on "Detecting Qualia" presentation at 2015 MTA conference

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Mon Feb 2 20:20:50 UTC 2015

Hi John,

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 10:22 AM, John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Isn't all that matters is the following? The prediction is that we will
>> be able to develop the ability to throw a switch turning on a new hack in
>> your brain, and when we do this, you will for the first time, experience a
>> new blue you have never experienced before.
>>

> Humans can see about 10 million colors, beyond that 2 colors are too
> similar for us to tell apart. If a transhuman wished to have better color
> discrimination he would need to see more than 10 million colors, and so
> obviously he would subjectively experience more colors than we do.

You forgot to include: "and yes, once I experience these new colors, as
Brent's theory predicts, much of my thinking would be falsified.  Including
my surprize that I can experience this new blue in a dark room with no
light at all.  boy, it was a complete waste of time to ever talk about
light, no wonder Brent got so upset when I only ever talked about light,
even though it had nothing to do with this new experience and it's
qualitative nature."

Brent