[ExI] Human head transplant in two years???

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 18:39:28 UTC 2015

The idea was first proposed in 2013 by Sergio Canavero of the Turin
Advanced Neuromodulation Group in Italy. He wants to use the surgery
to extend the lives of people whose muscles and nerves have
degenerated or whose organs are riddled with cancer. Now he claims the
major hurdles, such as fusing the spinal cord and preventing the
body's immune system from rejecting the head, are surmountable, and
the surgery could be ready as early as 2017.

<http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22530103.700-first-human-head-transplant-could-happen-in-two-years.html?full=true>

I've just had a word with my body and it says that it feels fine, but
a new head would be nice.

BillK