[ExI] Transhumanist/sf themed tabletop games

Claus Bornich clausb at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 07:06:10 UTC 2015

A fine list of transhumanistically themed RPGs from John Grigg, and I'd
certainly be up for a game jam sometime. I'm familiar with most of the
games on your list with Eclipse Phase, Mindjammer and Transhuman Space at
the top of my list, but let me add a few more.

Nova Praxis (rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/112483/Nova-Praxis-Augmented-PDF):
Very interesting hard-sf transhumanistically themed RPG designed for the
very cool FATE system by a guy who really understands how to use that
system in Sci-Fi games.

Orions Arm (http://www.orionsarm.com/): More of a collection of ideas and
setting than game: "We embrace speculative ideas like Drexlerian
assemblers, mind uploading, posthuman intelligence, magnetic monopoles,
wormholes and the technologies,  ..."

Freemarket / Porject Donut is a very interesting game about post-scarcity
transhuman future Utopia. This game is pretty much unobtainable
unfortunately as it looks really innovative and interesting and is written
by Luke Crane and Jared Sorensen which are big names in indie RPGs and so
you can expect quality stuff.

Diaspora (rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/79933/Diaspora): More of a space
opera than transhumanistic, but it lets the players create their universe
together with some clever use of the FATE system and so a great game for
playing out the future of humanity.

The Void Core: SF, near future wit a bit of survival horror  - this one is
pretty far down my list, but as it is "pay what you want - even free" I
can't complain: rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/117563/The-Void-Core-PDF

Posthuman Pathways is a bit too minimalistic and freeform for me, although
with the right crowd I'm sure it could be interesting and you can get a
"pay what you want - even free" PDF here:
rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/127547/Posthuman-Pathways