[ExI] RES: More Advanced Extraterrestrials

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 06:59:58 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 3:22 PM, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe they flash into super-intelligence, investigate everything, then
> expire from lack of purpose, all in a few years of real time. That
> might explain the untouched universe that we see.

### Every single one of them? Untold trillions of superminds, over billions
of years, always and inevitably getting bored? Not even one of them
deciding to send out even a single self-replicating probe designed to
self-replicate for ever, just for the heck of it?

Nah, the only explanation I have is that we may have a chance of becoming
the Old Ones, the beings that would be remembered as the first colonizers
of the cosmic endowment for the next 10 trillion years or so. Assuming not
everybody gets bored.

Rafal