[ExI] Why we are teaching science wrong, and how to make it right

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Jul 16 16:23:31 UTC 2015

>… On Behalf Of Dan
Subject: [ExI] Why we are teaching science wrong, and how to make it right

http://www.nature.com/news/why-we-are-teaching-science-wrong-and-how-to-make-it-right-1.17963

>…Regards, Dan

Thanks Dan, excellent article.  It has been clear to me for a long time that education is severely under-adapting to the technologies now available.  A good example is found in my son’s elementary school.  Education Inc. seems to be stumped by the opportunities presented to capable and driven students to study forward at their own pace, to go as far as they want to go.  Schools have been limited so long by availability of materials and teachers who have mastered only through elementary algebra, they don’t know what to do.  When they get a 4th grader who gets on Khan Academy and blasts through all of it in two years, then launches right on into high school level math,  they are completely flummoxed.

We think of the military as perhaps the most conservative and traditional segments of modern society with the education institution being the most progressive.  I am seeing clear evidence that it is exactly the opposite.

Details available on request.