[ExI] Pigeons offend Islam

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 23:07:32 UTC 2015

On 6 June 2015 at 23:49, John Clark wrote:
> This is the official statement I'll let it speak for itself:
>
> “All those who keep pigeons above the roofs of their houses must stop doing
> this entirely within a week of the date of the issuing of this statement.
> Whosoever violates it will be subject to consequences of reprimand including
> a financial fine, imprisonment and flogging. The ban is intended to put a
> stop to the greater criminal act of harming one's Muslim and Muslim women
> neighbors, revealing the pigeon's genitals and wasting time,”

That is not any ISIS official statement.
The Daily Mail either made it up or wildly rewrote the original.
All the searches lead back to the Daily Wail.

See the Reddit discussion here:
<https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/387pog/isis_bans_pigeon_breeding_because_seeing_birds/>

Just because you read it on the internet or in a newsrag doesn't make
it true.  :)

BillK