[ExI] Pigeons offend Islam

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 22:49:38 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jun 6, 2015 , BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone really think they can see a pigeon's genitals when they

fly overhead?

No of course not, but you're talking about logic and logic has nothing to
do with religion. About a decade ago the Taliban banned kite flying, I
don't recall why but it wouldn't surprise me if it was because it exposed
the kite's genitals when it flew. Nothing, absolutely nothing, is too
stupid for religion.

> > If the ISIS ban on pigeon breeding actually exists, then it is only as
> part of their desire to control every aspect of their followers lives.

This is the official statement I'll let it speak for itself:

“All those who keep pigeons above the roofs of their houses must stop doing
this entirely within a week of the date of the issuing of this statement.
Whosoever violates it will be subject to consequences of reprimand
including a financial fine, imprisonment and flogging. The ban is intended
to put a stop to the greater criminal act of harming one's Muslim and
Muslim women neighbors, revealing the pigeon's genitals and wasting time,”

 John K Clark