[ExI] any dispute?

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun May 10 14:34:47 UTC 2015

The very definition of dystopia not designing your offspring, but having to
design your offspring according to widespead agreement about what is
desirable.  (tara)

Yes, that would be terrible, but given the big wide world we live in, there
will be places where anything goes, so geniuses and superathletes will be
created, despite widespread jealousy and maybe even attempts to destroy the
creators.  Or more likely, a scrambling to do even better - sort of an
Olympic games of baby design.  What would the world be like in the distant
future if there were little or no variation in intelligence and creativity?

Depending on who you read, evangelical religious people are fading in their
influence.  Those and other Luddites and paranoiacs will lose the battles
to those who want healthier children no matter what it takes to get them.

I do hope I am right.  I don't think even highly authoritarian governments
can stop this.  It has already started.

It just goes back to basic morality:  a tool can be used for different
purposes, good or evil, and no doubt future tools will be used for both,
just like they have always been.  (Or can we design out evil?!  I'd say
Yes.)

Bill W