[ExI] Transhumanist exploration game

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 06:10:13 UTC 2015

On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 1:50 AM, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:

> Any other explicitly transhumanist games? (I will of course hold up Sid
> Meier's Alpha Centauri)

Setting aside the many, many RPGs (seriously, if anyone on this list is up
for running an Eclipse Phase game I know a guy who's been begging me for
any word of one he can get in on)...

Immortal Defense - http://store.steampowered.com/app/298360/ - definitely
touches on it.

There are other games, such as Deus Ex, that claim to touch on it but
mainly as a source of nifty powers rather than exploring the themes.

Part of the problem may be, transhumanism by definition alters the common
experience, and that can be difficult to reduce to gamable form.  It can be
captured in story, sure enough, but what do you actually do all day when
you're uploaded and free from life's needs?