[ExI] bar sinister gets more than you, was:... gets more than you do

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 04:04:48 UTC 2015

On Sun, Nov 22, 2015 at 5:19 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> *From:* extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] *On
> Behalf Of *Adrian Tymes
> *…*
>
> When I run it, I get a maximum of 333333333 pennies ($3,333,333.33) with
> an average expected payout of 166666666.5 pennies ($1,666,666.665)… Adrian
>

> To clean it up a bit, assume integer number of dollars and zero is not a
> possibility.

Changes the answer to $3,333,333.34.

> I also got your result from my sim: your optimal bid is 3,333,333 and your
> expected winnings are 1,666,667 bucks and that greedy Mr. Potter’s take is
> twice that, curse the bastard.

The best revenge is a life lived well.  What does he do with his take?
Make a few peoples' lives miserable temporarily.  What do I do with my
take?  Make life more awesome for many, possibly most, people permanently
(or as close to permanent as we get these days).