[ExI] Limits of human modification

Tara Maya tara at taramayastales.com
Mon Nov 23 23:19:02 UTC 2015

I predict the top genes parents would want for their children would be the following four kinds:

Health
IQ
Beauty
Talent (if this is separable from IQ, such as musical or artistic talent)

And the progression of genetic alterations would probably go something like this:

First - eliminate known deleterious genes (cancer, fat, extra chromosomes, genetic diseases)

Second - chose the better of two genes; if mom has gene for music in one location but dad is tone deaf, choose mom’s gene; if dad has gene for spatial reasoning but mom lacks, use dad’s gene in that spot; the beauty of this is that the child is still 100% genetic offspring of parents, so can’t even be said to be a mutant of any kind

 Third - If neither of your parents has the “optimum” gene for a certain spot, but another relative… or another donor, related or not … has the gene… or it can be made directly (I don’t know the tech involved), then why not add it?

Tara Maya
Blog <http://taramayastales.blogspot.com/>  |  Twitter <https://twitter.com/taramayastales>  |  Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Unfinished-Song-Epic-Fantasy/310271375658211?ref=hl>  |  Amazon <http://www.amazon.com/Tara-Maya/e/B004HAI038/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1349796143&sr=8-2-ent>  |  Goodreads <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/2951879.Tara_Maya>