[ExI] IQ and beauty

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 16:47:45 UTC 2015

On Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 7:48 PM, Rafal Smigrodzki <
rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:

​>> ​
>> ​Well... I've read Robert Axelrod's The Evolution of Cooperation and the
>> entire book is pretty much a report on the outcome of evolutionary computer
>> simulations that Axelrod performed. And I've read Richard Dawkins's The
>> Extended Phenotype (the best book on evolutionary biology I know of)
>> which has a good amount of math. And the work of E O Wilson and Robert
>> MacArthur got me interested in the subject in the first place. Was there
>> anything specific you have read that I may have overlooked?
>>

> ​> ​
> So where in these books did you find mechanistic descriptions of species
> dying out because males' tails got too long? Please give chapter and page
> numbers.

​Please read the books and find you own page numbers.​

> ​> ​
> anthropomorphic psychologizing has no part in figuring out how evolution
> works.

​
Why not? Does human motivation exist at a higher level of reality
​that other parts of biology? ​I
​human motivation ​
completely different from animal motivation? Can nothing be learned about
one from the study of the other?
​

 John K Clark​