[ExI] [Bulk] Robot riding a motorcycle

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Oct 29 13:52:46 UTC 2015

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of BillK
Subject: [Bulk] [ExI] Robot riding a motorcycle

Yamaha's Robotic Biker Looks Like a Crime-Fighting Cyborg

https://groups.google.com/forum/message/raw?msg=alt.language.artificial/ZL4e3fD7eW0/_7p8bKwLJWkJ

BillK

Thanks BillK, very cool.  You know people are going to pay good money to see these things race, and it is very foreseeable that they will become faster than humans before they even become better riders: you can afford to take greater risks with a machine.

This is specifically applicable to motorcycle racing because you can buy factory racers.  15k will get you a race bike.  Change the tires, and you are ready to go.  We can imagine fitting them with a couple thousand bucks worth of actuators, shift lever, front brake, throttle and handlebar, a few thousand more in sensors, a couple thousand more in electronics and ring laser gyros and such, then for less than 30 we have a racer we can risk.