[ExI] new nutrition thread

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 13:59:29 UTC 2015

 In any event, like I've been suggesting, looking at individual studies
doesn't seem very productive. I think we need a broader framework to make
sense of the aggregate data about diet and health.

Let's face it:  we are just climbing out of the dark ages in medicine (and
psychology, to be truthful).  What was poo-poohed 30 years ago is accepted
wisdom today (but may be poo-poohed 30 years from now).  And the medical
profession is quite conservative, as it should be, though it takes too long
to see the truth sometimes.

As much as I love learning about people, if I had to do it over again I'd
go into microbiology.  As we are just now realizing, microbes control far
more of what we are and what we do than we now know.  And they can evolve
in such an incredibly short time.

Nanotechnology is not just machines: it's creating new microbes, or using
'old' ones, to make chemicals, to fight other microbes, and much much more.
This is the future of medicine.  The current use of antibiotics will in the
future look extremely primitive, about on the level of drinking willow bark
tea.  Will probiotics be added to our food?

Thanks for the thanks, Brian.  Too rare on this site.  bill w