[ExI] re end of world

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Sep 11 13:13:52 UTC 2015

On Behalf Of Tara Maya
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2015 3:22 PM
To: ExI chat list
Subject: Re: [ExI] re end of world

>…I don’t think people would regress to lower IQs, but perhaps the fashion industry and monster truck shows would collapse.   Tara Maya

On the contrary Tara.  Both examples you gave, fashion and monster trucks, appeal to the reptilian cortex in the brain.  I have found it most amusing to learn that even after we understand the reptilian cortex is the seat of our baser desires such as fighting, sex, eating as so forth, it still works just the same.  Knowing that we have a reptilian cortex doesn’t make it go away.